Monday, August 22, 2011

Brunch?

I always thought brunch was kind of a waste, mainly because I never understood it. To my surprise it isn't some totally preppy-weird-lazy-thing. IT'S DELICIOUS!

I've decided, yet again, to re-find focus for this blog. I would love to keep track of my foodcapades and adventures in the kitchen. Lately, I've become more and more obsessed with the Food Network and trying new
recipes. I want to try a new recipe every week, but realistically it won't happen that often. So, new recipe whenever I can!!

Yesterday afternoon, the theme was brunch. So, I decided to make the "Brunch Approved" menu by Sunny Andersen.

It was yummy and included:
-Asparagus
-Eggs in a basket
- Pistachio and poppy seed bread with creamed honey

I didn't make the asparagus right, but I thought it was weird for the menu. But hey, let's try a different fruit or veg next time.

The eggs in a basket recipe can be found here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/eggs-in-baskets-recipe/index.html and was awesome. I'd recommend buying shredded hash browns and making scrambled eggs instead.

But, the pistachio poppy bread, don't change a damn thing. It was like a dream. Try it out. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sunny-anderson/pistachio-poppy-bread-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment