Today was an adventure to say the least, I quit my job. Not kidding.
On the menu today, we have...
Breakfast: skipped (oops, I was too nervous)
Lunch: Quiznos $5 Large Bacon & Cheddar sub on Parmesan Italian bread with diet cranberry grapefruit juice
![]() | |
| Add honey mustard and pickles, you'll think you died and went to heaven |
Quizno's sandwiches are AWESOME. You should really try their torpedos and bullets. When you first get it, you look down and say "Hey, where's the rest of my sandwich?" because the bread is skinny like a t-ball bat. But after you consider the price, it's totally worth and more than filling. I recommend smothering every sandwich they have in their honey mustard sauce (and don't forget the pickles!!). It is beyond my favorite; if I could drink it I would. Reader, if you ever come across a bulk size barrel...
Snack: I got a meal deal or whatever so I decided to eat the cinnamon cookie I bought with some generic "N2" Aldi brand Gatorade. Hilariousness. Then, while waiting for dinner, I ate a string cheese stick. Great snack, especially for when you need something salty or on the go.
Dinner: My boyfriend and I went to Aldi and bought tons of food, then hauled back .5miles to my apartment and up four flights of stairs carrying 4 20lb reusable totes. No joke, it all cost $60. I love Aldi, just don't forget your bags! Reader, if I come across something I DON'T like at Aldi, I'll let you know. Their 35 cent Mac & Cheese is my favorite, really.
But anyway, instead of going out to get Greek, we decided to go old school...Diner style.
![]() | |||||
| Homemade meatloaf, loaded mashed potatoes and mixed veggies |
It was delicious. B made the meatloaf by mixing together a pound of ground beef, Italian bread crumbs, 1 egg, seasoning salt, garlic salt, minced onions, shredded mozzarella cheese and Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. We made it easy by making two "patties" and baking them in the oven at 350 for 30minutes underneath an Al+ foil tent. When using a baking sheet, cover it with aluminum foil so you don't have to wash it-- easy clean up! After 30minutes, spread more BBQ on it and turn up the oven to 400 for 15minutes to get crusty. Viola, delicious and easy. B is a genius!
I was not so creative tonight. I made the typical mashed potatoes a la boiling skinned, quartered potatoes for 30minutes and then adding sour cream and milk. Believe it or not, I added more sour cream than usual-- it made it so rich we didn't need to add butter. While he was doing his thang, I chopped up some of our leftover bacon we fried up for breakfast a few days ago. If you have leftover bacon, simply store it in a plastic bag in the fridge, lasts for about a month. Heat it up in the mic for BLTs or add to salads. So, I added about 2.5 pieces of bacon and threw some shredded cheddar on top and let it melt. Heat up some frozzen veggies (I'd rather have fresh, but it worked!)
Dessert: Easy Peasy Mom's Cherry Cobbler. To be honest, it was delicious with a dollop of Cool Whip, but we added too much butter.
Dessert: Easy Peasy Mom's Cherry Cobbler. To be honest, it was delicious with a dollop of Cool Whip, but we added too much butter.
Operation 20: To be honest, I didn't do to bad on eating and I walked to Quizno's instead of taking the bus. Plus, I took the stairs. Let's keep going with the homemade food and saving that dough. God, the puns kill me.


No comments:
Post a Comment