While walking with a HUGE bag isn't so beach glamorous, the view was totally worth getting sand in every crevice of my body. Sick. We decided to picnic on the beach after the long walk and after eating, got in the freezing cold Lake Michigan water to throw around a lacrosse ball. We like to improvise, obviously.
![]() | |||
| This wasn't from today, but it gives a great view of the beach I was laying out on. Yes, even though it's August, the water is still cut glass. |
Breakfast: One Reese's cup, not kidding. I'll work on it!!
Lunch: Since we woke up at noon to go directly to the beach, we brought along an insulated reusable tote filled with PB&J on hamburger buns; mozzarella string cheese; chips; Venom energy drinks (for our beach dranks) and another fan favorite, Skinny Taffy Apple Salad. This is really easy to do and a great snack when you need something sweet or crunchy!
Skinny Apple Taffy Salad
1 container of Cool Whip (I use free or light, tastes the same)
2 crunchy Granny Smith apples
1 can of pineapple tidbits, drained
1 package of low-fat Butterscotch pudding mix
Core and cut the apple into tiny pieces. Mix together the pudding mix and Cool Whip, add fruit and Viola!
1 container of Cool Whip (I use free or light, tastes the same)
2 crunchy Granny Smith apples
1 can of pineapple tidbits, drained
1 package of low-fat Butterscotch pudding mix
Core and cut the apple into tiny pieces. Mix together the pudding mix and Cool Whip, add fruit and Viola!
Dinner: We were so close to getting BBQ, but we decided it would be silly to spend money especially with all of the food we bought yesterday. C, a BFF, who came to the beach with us stopped by for dinner too. We decided to make Sloppy Joes and homemade baked french fries. These are both really easy things to make and at most takes 1 hour! The sloppy joes I make are sweet and without BBQ which went perfectly on toasted buns. I crunch a few potato chips on top of the sandwich, delish. To make french fries, cut up the potatoes in french fry shapes, soak in water for 15minutes and preheat the stove to 450. Pat dry and throw them in some oil and on an Al+ sheet pan with your favorite seasonings, we used salt and paprika. Bake for 45minutes flipping at the halfway point. Simple.
And just because I was too hungry to take a picture...
![]() | |||
| Have some more sloppy joes. I made 'em extra sloppy for yous. I know how yous kids like 'em sloppy. |
Dessert: While we haven't had it yet, I'm considering a small bowl of cobbler accompanied with some ice cream. Yummy
Operation 20: :] Going well, still on track! Going for a long walk to the beach today carrying some extra weight helped a ton. Don't forget, even cleaning the house (which is going to be done today) is burning calories!!



No comments:
Post a Comment